Friday 25 September 2009

25/9/09: 3M Speed Session

1M warm up @ 10 min / mile ave
400M fast, walking recovery for ~ 1 min - twice
300M fast, walking recovery for ~ 1 min - twice
3/4M steady / cool down @ 10 min / mile ave

Total = 3 miles in 28m50s

Re-read speed training tips in my running book recently and realised I'd been overdoing it in my speed sessions over last month or two. Normally I 'recover' by jogging, but that inevitably means I get slower and slower with every fast bit. Basically I haven't been letting my body recover enough. So today I walked between sprints and it made a big difference - I felt I was just as strong by the end as at the beginning, and felt like I was building speed instead of just draining myself.

Went after work (Friday) which meant I felt nice and virtuous in the pub later!

No comments:

Post a Comment