Sunday 2 August 2009

Introduction

I've been running on and off since 2002. On my very first run I could barely manage 5 minutes before I felt like I was going to die. But within 6 months I'd run my first 10K race in just about an hour, a year later I ran my first half marathon in 2hrs 20 mins and a year after that, I ran my first marathon in 4hrs 30mins.

Since then I've had ups and downs, run lots more 10Ks, half marathons, 10 miles, random distances and one more marathon (Paris, 2008). This year (2009) I've managed to keep up a steady pattern of running a couple of times a week, ran the Sydney half marathon in a respectable 1hr52 and am hoping to get another one under my belt in October.

This blog is where I'll keep a record of my training from now on; it's meant to be a way for me to keep track of my progress, give me a bit of motivation and, hopefully, share my experiences with others, runners and non-runners alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment